Joe Dispenza is one of the greatest modern-day transformational leaders we are blessed to have on our planet.
His work has inspired hundreds of thousands of people, and his retreats are guaranteed to sell out every time.
This article dives deep into the life, teachings, techniques, and inspiration Dr. Joe Dispenza brings to all of us.
Get ready to be inspired!
- Who is Joe Dispenza
- Joe’s life-threatening experience
- 5 Joe Dispenza techniques for transformation
- 20 of the best Joe Dispenza quotes
- Joe Dispenza books
- Book reviews
- Joe’s best guided meditations
- The best Joe Dispenza videos
- Joe’s top 5 meditations
- Dr. Joe Dispenza’s workshops
- Movies Joe Dispenza has been featured in.
Who is Joe Dispenza?
Joe Dispenza, or Dr. Joe Dispenza, received a B.S. from Evergreen State College and his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life University, where he graduated with honors.
His postgraduate training and continuing education have included neuroscience, chemistry, cellular biology, memory formation, and longevity.
He keeps extremely private about his wife due to his huge growth in popularity, but rumor has it they have been happily married for many years.
Dr. Joe Dispenza’s net worth is estimated to be between $5-10 million and quickly growing as of 2023.
Joe Dispenza Wikipedia
|1. Full name||Dr. Joe Dispenza|
|2. Date of birth||March 22, 1962|
|3. Place of birth||California, USA|
|4. Zodiac sign||Aries|
|6. Number of kids||3|
|8. Undergraduate degree||Biochemistry, Rutgers University|
|9. Graduate Degree||Doctor of Chiropractic, Life University|
|10. Profession||Chiropractor, neuroscientist, author, speaker|
Dr. Dispenza has lectured in 32 different countries on six continents.
Joe Dispenza’s work primarily focuses on the three areas of neuroscience, epigenetics, and quantum physics.
He has taught thousands of people how to reprogram their subconscious minds through scientifically proven neuro-physiological principles.
Joe’s work is exciting as it proves we are all limitless and possess powers beyond what conventional wisdom would lead us to believe.
His work focuses on rewiring the brain using the principles of neuroplasticity.
Dr. Joe proves you are not doomed by your genes and hardwired to be a certain way for the rest of your life.
The key to unlocking your true potential lies in your mind.
Dr. Dispenza prides himself on providing physical evidence of changes made in the brain by applying his techniques.
Joe’s most exciting and talked about work is arguably his spontaneous remissions.
This may be his most exciting subject matter, yet it’s also his most controversial!
Remissions from cancer, heart disease, depression, arthritis, and the tremors of Parkinson’s disease through the power of thought and its healing abilities alone!
Regardless of his workshop attendees’ needs, countless success stories can be heard.
Dr. Joe and Spirituality
Dr. Joe demystifies ancient understandings and bridges the gap between science and spirituality.
He does not appear to be affiliated with a specific religion.
Most of his work implies that the power of God, source, or the universe lies within all of us.
Like our content?
2 clicks to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
The Science Behind Joe’s Work
To demystify the amazing results Dr. Dispenza achieves with the people he works with, he backs up all that he does with strong clinical evidence.
The science behind Joe Dispenza’s work includes epigenetic testing, brain mapping with electroencephalograms (EEGs), GDV Sputnik sensor, and individual energy field testing with a gas discharge visualization (GDV) machine.
Many people challenge and question the source of his science-based facts.
The truth is many of his concepts are real and do create true and lasting change in your life.
The Heart-Math Institute
Joe’s relationship with the Heart-Math Institute is at the core of his work.
He is often heard stating the term:
“Brain and heart coherence.”
Let’s define it.
What is Brain and Heart Coherence?
Brain and heart coherence is creating an alignment with your mind’s intentions and your body’s feelings.
The goal is to feel whole while entering the present moment, where there is no time, and we are no one.
It’s a deep acceptance of all that is.
Often times biofeedback monitors are used to quantify this activity which can be found on the Heart Math Institute’s website.
On Heart Math’s website, you’ll find training tools and techniques referenced for you to gain greater insights into their teachings.
Here are some of Joe’s notable achievements:
- Honorary member of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Recipient of a Clinical Proficiency Citation for clinical excellence in doctor-patient relationships from Life University.
- Member of Pi Tau Delta – the International Chiropractic Honor Society.
- Editorial advisor of Explore Magazine.
Next, let’s discuss the moment that changed Joe Dispenza’s life forever!
Joe’s Life-Threatening Experience
When Joe was 23 years old, he was in a bicycle accident that almost ended his life.
He was run over by a Bronco SUV, reportedly doing 55 MPH through an intersection in Palm Springs, California, while competing in a triathlon.
Joe landed hard on his back, which resulted in six broken vertebrae.
Joe decided on an unconventional route for his recovery.
Rather than undergoing surgery, he chose inner healing.
5 Joe Dispenza Techniques for Transformation
In this video, you’ll watch Joe offer you five techniques to help guide you on your journey.
This is the second most popular video on his channel and is worthy of your time.
Which technique resonated most with you?
What’s your plan to put it into action?
20 of The Best Joe Dispenza Quotes
- “Our bodies are surrounded by invisible fields of electromagnetic energy that are always carrying a conscious intention or directive.”
- “Instead of obsessing about some stressful event you fear is in your future, based on your experience of the past, obsess about a new, desired experience that you haven’t yet embraced emotionally.”
- “The reason change is so difficult is that the moment we no longer think the same thoughts that lead to the same choices—we immediately feel uncomfortable.”
- “When you’re practicing your meditations and you come to that point where you’re uncomfortable, remember you’re actually doing it right.”
- “Epigenetics teaches us that we are not doomed by our genes and a change in human consciousness can produce physical changes both in structure and function in the human body.”
- “If in your past you were traumatized by an event with an emotional charge that left you feeling pain, chances are that experience was branded into your biology in numerous ways.”
- “The energy of your empowerment must be greater than your pain or sadness.”
- “When you are physically ‘being one with the future you in the now moment,’ you will experience the bounty of a new reality. There will be a response from a greater order.”
- “In order for a new experience in reality to happen to you, you have to match your behavior with your goal; you align your thoughts and your deeds. You must make choices consistent with your new state of being.”
- “By the time you reach your mid-30s, your brain has organized itself into a very finite signature of automatic programs—and that fixed pattern is called your identity.”
- “When your behaviors match your intentions, then you are ahead of your time. Your environment is no longer controlling how you think and feel. How you think and feel is controlling your environment.”
- “When we can regulate our internal states of care, love, and thankfulness, as the heart becomes more coherent and balanced, it sends a very strong signal to the brain, causing the brain to become more coherent and balanced.”
- “Focusing on the emotions that drive our desire for change is how we inhabit a future experience in the present. That’s how we synchronize our energy to a new potential.”
- “Let’s face it: If you keep the same routine as yesterday, it makes sense that your tomorrow is going to be a lot like yesterday. Your future is just a rerun of your past. That’s because your yesterday is creating your tomorrow.”
- “Anxiety, depression, frustration, anger, guilt, pain, worry, and sadness—the emotions regularly expressed by billions of people—are why the masses live life knocked out of balance and altered from the true self. It’s time to wake up and become the living example of the truth.”
- “What you create in meditation to manifest in your physical world, you must sow with seeds of intention and tend to the soil to cultivate their growth over time. Like a gardener who creates all the right conditions and then waits patiently for the seeds to sprout.”
- “When you notice the subconscious programs that control how you think/feel,u start reclaiming control over your life. If u feel overwhelmed in meditation, stay for as long as you can. There’s nothing wrong with getting up if you feel unable to continue, but come back to your practice tomorrow.”
- “The first step to change is to become conscious of who you are. We have to reflect on how we are doing each day so we can step out of the predictable future & create something new.”
- “Why wait for a life-threatening illness, loss, or trauma to make positive changes in your health and your life? Once we realize that we can start creating a new future right now, out of choice and not out of reaction, the universe will begin to conspire in our favor.”
- “In meditation, we move from conscious mind to subconscious mind, from being somebody or someone to being nobody or no one; from believing that the outer world is reality and defining reality with our senses to believing that the inner world is reality.”
Joe Dispenza Books
I’ve read two of Dr. Joe Dispenza’s books, and I can tell you they are a challenging read.
His books can get technical, but each book’s transformational opportunities make it worth your time.
The books listed below are in chronological order, starting with his very first book.
Joe Dispenza books
- “Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind.”
- “Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One.”
- “You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter.”
- “Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing The Uncommon.”
Now that you’ve become very interested in the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza, it’s time to help you decide which book to buy.
We’ve compiled the most useful book reviews for each of his books below to guide you in making the best selection.
I’ll be very upfront with you.
“Only positive reviews are listed below because I’m sick of all the negativity in the world and this is my article, my choice.”
However, I will tell you that I and others agree that Joe Dispenza’s books are technically challenging to read.
The information is invaluable, but it is difficult to stay focused and understand many items covered as they can be complex.
We will be demystifying the work of Joe in a later article to help overcome this obstacle many have stated in applying his techniques.
Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind
- “The most informative book I have ever read about the physical characteristics of the brain from a scientific researcher, but written so a non-scientist can understand.” – Sharon Anderson.
- “I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for meaning in their life, those with chronic illness, those with mental impairments (anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc), and anyone looking to improve their outcome in life.” – Jessica.
- “Pro’s – the book left me with the message that we are empowered to (change) and provided a key ingredient to change and that is to create your inner image of what you wish to be and with belief and discipline, no matter how bleak things look, no matter how negative your current experiences are, no matter what discouragements are in your path.” – Rainer Hild.
- “Really thoughtful and amazing book that really helps you understand the mind, matter, science, religion and how you can create a new mindset and reality for yourself and transform your life.” – Tinsay Woreta.
- “This book brings together perfectly all that I have read, studied, and learned over the last 10 years. As a practicing life coach and NLP Master Practitioner it gave me information that had been hinted at or touched in the past – but never presented as clearly as it was in this book.” – Carl Massy
Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
- “I love this book because it’s a life-changing experience it breaks it down where you can understand How you used to think and how you should start thinking it’s a life change experience you have to buy this book it will change your life and the people around you.” – Ernest.
- “You need to embrace the concept that your (subjective) mind has an effect on your (objective) world. The latest research supports the notion that we can naturally change the brain and body by thought alone. In fact, your thoughts have consequences so great that they create your reality.” – Ron Immink.
- “Understanding how emotions condition us positively and negatively is key to peak performance. The key learning point for me was the bit about understanding that your present thoughts determine your future.” – Fabrizio Poli.
- “If you take the time to understand, to practice and to embody what is so simply talked about in this book, you will get tangible results, within a day or two.” – Katya.
- “Open the book and fasten your seatbelts as the adventure is life-altering and rich and you can not return to your own thinking patterns without knowing that there is a deeper connection between the lives we lead and the Quantum world around us.” – Suzanne Tugman.
You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
- “After starting the changing your belief meditation,( its been 5 months, have even bought the gracious present moment, restorative sleep, ) my life has completely changed, my health condition is 90% recovered, my state of being is enhanced, I am ecstatic almost all the time, people around me are confused by this seemingly reasonless joy.” – Veeresh.
- “Very well explained with diagrams and scientific evidence, which made the concept of “belief”/”faith” easier to take on board rather than others whereby the authors rarely incorporate science.” – Kayla.
- “The placebo effect is one of the most reliable things in science, so much so that every good human clinical trial accounts for it. Belief has power, clearly. And this book delves into how to yield it without invoking too much pseudospiritual silliness.” – Jonathan Roseland.
- “I’ve bought over 200 books this year alone and I can truly say, that this book is the best book I’ve ever read. This is the first time that I’ve truly been motivated to re-read a book right after I just read it.” – Mark.
- “A must-read if you believe or are interested in HOW the mind-body connection works together and can truly heal, interested in quantum physics and neuroscience as a whole.” – Alan F.
Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing The Uncommon
- “This is an excellent introduction to methods of accessing our subconscious minds and influencing it, that, Buddhists and Theosophists and even the great Hermes himself, among others, have been propounding for centuries.” – John B.
- “This book captures the divine essence of its writer and the stories shared. It’s pure inspiration for any soul looking to be inspired to a greater level of greatness, I was moved to tears and joy more than once.” – Jeanette Collins.
- “What I find compelling about his work is the way he seamlessly blends cutting edge science with ageless mystical wisdom to arrive at a synthesis that is accessible, practical, and applicable to improving the quality of one’s day-to-day life and reaching one’s fullest potential.” – George Edward Collins.
- “What sets this book apart from all the rest is that Dr. Joe Dispenza gives the scientific basis for every one of the capabilities of the human intelligence system. He shows how the human heart and brain work together and radiate energy into the universe – not just electromagnetic energy but energy at the molecular, atomic, and quantum level.” – Francis R. Hand.
- “For the first time in my 40 years on this planet, I have discovered what it truly means to be present and that moment I will forever cherish.” – Cory Kelly.
Which book will you choose?
“If you’re not a strong reader like I am I encourage you to consider the audiobook version so you can listen, take notes, and replay sections over.”
Next, I’ll share some Joe videos highlighting many of his most popular thoughts, concepts, and techniques.
Joe’s Best Guided Meditations
One of the most popular aspects of his work includes his guided meditations.
Guided meditations are simply relaxing thoughts spoken by an individual often with calming music with the goal of reprogramming your subconscious mind and deep relaxation.
Below you will find a list including links to his most often referred to meditation audios and videos and links to access them.
Joe Dispenza Meditations
These meditations can also be found on his website and do have a bit of a loud and aggressive tone in my opinion.
- Blessing of the energy centers. (Arguably his most popular)
- Synchronizing your energy to a new life.
- Falling into love with your body.
- Restorative sleep.
- The generous present moment.
Click the image below to experience Dr. Joe Dispenza’s 4 Best Guided Meditations on YouTube!
The Best Joe Dispenza Videos
The number of videos you can find on Joe seems to increase daily.
You can also find Joe Dispenza on YouTube.
Here is the first video I watched of Joe that turned me into an immediate fan.
I recommend watching the video above several times to catch all it truly offers. ( I’ve watched it over five times. )
In this second video, you are invited to dive deeper into getting to know more about the techniques Joe offers
What’s your biggest takeaway from the video above?
More importantly, how will you take action on it?
Here is the #1 most-watched video from Joe’s channel.
Movies and Documentaries, Including Joe Dispenza
Joe has been featured in many movies and documentaries throughout his illustrious career.
These movies and documentaries include:
- “What the BLEEP Do We Know!?
- “What the BLEEP Down the Rabbit Hole.”
- “What IF – the Movie.”
- “Sacred Journey of the Heart.”
- “The People vs The State of Illusion.”
- “Unleashing Creativity.”
I’m sure by the time you’ve read this article, the list will have grown due to his popularity skyrocketing here in 2021.
Joe Dispenza Events and Retreats
Dr. Joe’s events are one of the best opportunities for you to experience his work and the transformational capacity it truly holds.
Many of his retreats sell out, so you must plan in advance.
The average cost is $1,999, which, as of this article, does not include room rates.
“Our community is made up of doers, people who want to be challenged to do the uncommon, the supernatural, and the mystical.” – Dr. Joe Dispenza
There are different types of events for you to choose from, including:
- Progressive retreats.
- Week-long advanced retreats.
- Advanced follow-up retreats.
- Special retreats.
- Conversations with Joe. (his online community.)
- Livestream events.
He seems to enjoy having his events at the same set of locations.
Those event locations include:
- Marco Island.
- Costa Rica.
There are other locations his retreats visit, yet these are his most frequented.
What To Do Next
Now that you’ve learned everything there is to know about Dr. Joe, what should you do next?
I would start by listening to one of his audiobooks with a pen and paper in hand.
“Realize knowledge is potential power.”
Putting knowledge into action should be your focus!
Want help applying the techniques of Dr. Joe Dispenza?
- 5 Components Of Emotional Intelligence [WHAT ARE THEY?] - January 2, 2023
- 20 FREE Emotional Intelligence Images [For You] - January 2, 2023
- Low Frustration Tolerance: What Is It & [HOW TO IMPROVE] - December 31, 2022