When you meet the right person at the wrong time it’s gonna feel like your dog just left you and moved into your neighbors’ house.
That’s exactly how you should feel.
This post offers you a three-part strategy for getting over these emotions when you are ready.
1. Acceptance of What Is
Accepting reality is one of the most important steps in recovering from the emotional pain of meeting the right person at the wrong time.
Keep in mind, this doesn’t mean you’re happy about it, it just means you can’t change it.
Resistance to accepting reality results in emotions such as guilt, shame, anger, frustration, and disappointment.
Think of it in the following 2 ways:
- If you accept that it’s not going to work, you are emotionally able to continue contact with that special someone.
- If you refuse to accept that it’s not going to work, you feel emotions such as anger and frustration which push people away.
Choose to accept your current reality with hopes of a brighter future.
Who knows, maybe having better control over your emotions now may pay off when an opportunity arises in the future?
2. Letting Go of Your Emotional Attachments
The art of letting go is a powerful skill for you to develop in order to move forward from the end of a relationship.
Whether it’s the right guy wrong time or the right girl wrong time, the person isn’t the issue, but the circumstances surrounding them are.
“Find joy and gratitude for meeting a great person while realizing the time will come if it’s meant to be.”
The key to letting go of your emotional attachment to this special person is to shift your perspective on the situation.
Consider thoughts such as:
- Maybe things will work out in the future.
- Trust that source, God, or the universe has got your back.
- Things do truly happen for a reason.
- Accept the fact that the reason is often never revealed.
3. How to Overcome The Pain of the Right Person, Wrong Time
Pain is unavoidable however, suffering is a different story.
We tend to suffer more in our imagination than we do in reality.
Steer your imagination in a way that serves you by focusing on what you can control and not what you can’t
Focus on things that raise your vibe and lift your spirits, such as plans for the upcoming weekend.
“Avoid replaying the events of the past in your mind as they will reignite the undesirable feelings felt at that time.”
Allow this to happen, and you’ll feel like you’re caught in a hamster wheel.
I believe in synchronicity, and all things work out exactly as they should.
This belief has spared me plenty of suffering and helped ease the pain at times.
Will you take action on what you just read, or will you move on?
The decision to face this head-on is the only one that will allow you to move forward.
If you want more tips like this, jump on our mailing list or shoot me an email anytime!
- 5 Components Of Emotional Intelligence [WHAT ARE THEY?] - January 2, 2023
- 20 FREE Emotional Intelligence Images [For You] - January 2, 2023
- Low Frustration Tolerance: What Is It & [HOW TO IMPROVE] - December 31, 2022