What is Mindset?
Your mindset is everything when it comes to how you think, feel, act, perceive your reality, and make decisions. Let’s improve yours!
In this article we dive into the 10 most commonly asked questions regarding this topic.
You are sure to learn valuable information that you can take action on today!
- What is the meaning of mindset is everything?
- Is mindset really everything?
- Why is mindset important in life?
- Why is mindset so powerful?
- What is a powerful mindset?
- What is a success mindset?
- What are 3 kinds of mindsets?
- How do I change my mindset?
- How many days does it take to change your mindset?
- How can changing your words change your mindset?
What is the Meaning of Mindset is Everything?
The definition and meaning behind “mindset is everything” is the beliefs, values, and perspective set in your mind at the time of an experience guides the meaning and interpretation you give to it.
For example, if you believe “the world is an unsafe place”, when a person is walking behind you on your morning walk you may feel fear, concern, and anxiety.
If instead, you believe “the world is a safe and happy place”, a person walking behind you may feel comfortable, safe, and connected.
Mindset is everything because determines the meaning and interpretation you place on all experiences in your life.
Your mindset determines how you view reality!
Is Mindset Really Everything?
I believe the answer is YES!
“Mindset is everything especially when you consider the power of perspective.” – Dr. Jay Cavanaugh
Perspective is one of The Vibe Mindset’s three powers.
- The Power of Perspective.
- The Power of Imagination.
- The Power of Emotion.
Your perspective is everything as it has a direct impact on how you see things.
Wayne Dyer famously stated, “When you change the way you see things, the things you see change.”
Your mindset guides your perspective which in turn guides your reality.
If you want to watch a powerful video on perspective and how you can better become aware of and manage your own perspective, watch this informative video.
Why is Mindset Important in Life?
Your mindset is important in life because it becomes the lens or filter through which all your experiences are filtered.
When I refer to “filter” I’m referring to the interpretation and meaning we give to all experiences in life.
Nothing has meaning until we give meaning to it.
With the right mindset anything in life is possible.
Why is Mindset so Powerful?
Let’s talk about the mindset possessed by the great Kobe Bryant.
Kobe Bryant had a mindset he referred to as, “The Mamba Mentality.”
Here are some of the beliefs that made up Kobe’s mindset:
- A leader must give very tactical advice.
- Study film over and over.
- Choose compassion and empathy.
- Put yourself in other people’s situation to better understand them.
- Energy and trust is the key to keeping a team together.
- Teach your kinds to understand the value of hard work.
- Through love you continue to persevere.
- Greatness is inspiring a person to inspire another.
- Follow your passion first.
- The best way to prove your value is to work.
- Always outwork your potential.
Mindset is a set of values and beliefs that guide the thoughts, feelings, and actions you take.
Think of it like a GPS guiding you through life.
You can think of a mindset as a set of rules one lives by.
Think about how you could shift your mindset to better serve you.
What is a Powerful Mindset?
A powerful mindset is one which serves you as well as those you love.
Serving you means one which offers you the greatest likelihood to reach your goals and desires.
Here are three questions you can ask yourself to determine if your mindset is powerful:
- Do I believe growth and change is possible for me?
- Do I believe I’m in charge of how I think, feel, and act?
- Do I believe I create my own reality?
If you answered yes to all of these questions you certainly have a strong and powerful base to your mindset.
What is a Success Mindset?
An even more interesting question is to ask yourself how you define success.
Here’s a list of some of the more general beliefs held true by those labeled “successful” by many:
- Always figure out how to make things happen.
- Live in abundance without feelings of scarcity.
- Embrace failure and mistakes as an opportunity learn and to grow.
- Face fear as opposed to running from it.
- Trust your intuition.
- Realize the value and importance of self-love.
- Able to see things from a different perspective.
Your success should be determined by you and you only!
“I consider success to be things going the way you wish them to go, while accepting them and moving forward when they don’t.”
A smart way to look at success is by setting a clear intention daily and pairing it with an elevated emotion.
Set a crystal clear intention on experiencing a specific feeling, then make decisions and take actions that elicit that feeling!
Don’t create a to-do-list, instead create a to-feel-list.
What Are 3 Kinds of Mindsets?
Let’s talk about 3 of the most common mindsets:
- The Growth Mindset.
- The Fixed Mindset.
- The Vibe Mindset.
Let’s start with the most popular which is the Growth Mindset coined by Dr. Carol Dweck, a Stanford psychologist.
Those who possess a growth mindset believe their abilities are not fixed yet are capable of changing and growing.
A person who has adopted a growth mindset will have a narrative that often includes thoughts such as:
- “I like to try new things.”
- “Failure is a predecessor to growth”
- “Obstacles are an opportunity not a problem.”
- “My potential is limitless.”
- “I can learn anything.”
As you can see a growth mindset is powerful.
Now let’s talk about its polar opposite, the fixed mindset.
A fixed mindset is the opposite of the growth mindset.
The narrative and self-talk of someone who possesses a fixed mindset sounds more like:
- “I prefer to keep things just the way they are.”
- “Mistakes and failure are bad.”
- “Overcoming obstacles is hard for me.”
- “I grew up poor so wealth isn’t something in my future.”
- “I like to stay in my lane.”
The unfortunate truth is most of us tend to adopt a fixed mindset.
To shift your mindset takes work and dedication but as the growth mindset reveals, anything is possible!
Finally, let’s talk about the vibe mindset.
“The vibe mindset is the belief that your emotional state creates your reality and your emotions are based on where you focus your attention.”
One of the most simple yet powerful questions you can ask yourself is, “What’s my vibe?”
Your answer to this question reveals your emotional state and invites you to reflect on where you’re focusing your energy and attention.
If you’re experiencing a pleasurable emotion or “vibe” you should maintain focus and attention on the thoughts or actions eliciting that current emotion.
If you’re experiencing an emotion which doesn’t serve you, shift your focus, energy, and attention where it elicit more desirable emotions.
How you feel determines your reality.
We often believe people, places, or things bring us joy in life yet it’s the feelings they elicit that truly bring us joy.
Everything we do is for a feeling.
How Do I Change My Mindset?
To change you need to first become self-aware.
Become aware of your current thoughts, feelings, and actions from the viewpoint of the observer.
Becoming the judgment-free observer of “you” is the first step in changing your mindset.
Here are some observations that will reveal more about your mindset:
- Do my current thoughts serve me?
- What am I focusing my energy and attention on?
- What emotions are my current thoughts eliciting?
- Do these emotions serve me?
- Why did I react that way?
- Which perspective or character role am I currently viewing life from?
One of the most simple yet powerful places to start changing your mindset is to get curious about who you are.
“The simple act of becoming curious about what your mind focuses on will reveal which direction your shift in mindset should head.”
This video offers you a simple strategy to quickly shift your mindset.
Once you identify your current mindset you’ll next want to decide what direction you would like to shift towards.
Once you have a destination to go, you can begin to take steps in that direction.
Here are the vibe mindset’s 3 powers you’ll want to tap into in order to change:
- The Power of Perspective – Start shifting your perspective to see things in new ways.
- The Power of Imagination – Begin to imagine a new you, in detail, activating all your senses.
- The Power of Emotion – Feel the emotions now which you intend to feel upon attaining your desires.
You’ll want to take action daily to maintain the momentum you create during this process.
Our most popular free mini-course lays out a simple three-part plan for you to put this plan into motion.
Change starts once you shift your perspective, imagine a new you, and feel the emotions now as if your wish fulfilled.
The key to creating true lasting change is taking consistent daily action.
Repetition and creating a change in your habitual thinking is the goal!
How many days does it take to change your mindset?
It’s fascinating to me how many people ask this question.
If I told you I held the secret to finding true love, would you really need to know how long it would take?
“The time it takes to create change is dependent on how quickly you can let go of your attachment to your old self.”
Creating change for some people can happen instantly if their desire and will is strong enough to override the program of their subconscious mind.
To create change more quickly, focus on enjoying the process of change as much as you focus on your desired outcome.
Enjoy changing your morning routine, challenge yourself to see all things from at least two perspectives, and imagine yourself as the new you.
How can changing your words change your mindset?
Your words have much more power than you believe.
When you were 3-7 years of age and you were in what we call a “theta brain wave state.”
Theta brain wave state is the same state used in hypnosis to imprint suggestions into your subconscious mind.
The words spoken to you at this time by your parents and those closest to you imprinted a set of beliefs and values into your mind.
Those beliefs and values shape the way you see the world and interact with it.
“Look for absolutes in your narrative such as “always” and “never” as they heavily influence the decisions you make.”
The short video below explains it for you.
Make a list of words you use that remove your power as well as one that fills you with power.
Become more conscious of the words you choose to use.
When you begin to change your narrative, you begin to change your life.
Thank you so very much for the gift of your time.
If you want additional guidance, we offer free resources, a mobile app, and two coaching programs you’ll want to consider taking action on.
Hop on our email list below or shoot us an email.
We would love to hear from you!
- Cord Cutting Candles Are The #1 Ritual for Letting Go of Emotions - October 20, 2021
- The 5 Powerful Rune Manifestation Symbols That Work Really Fast - October 18, 2021
- Triple Numbers Are An Amazing Spiritual Sign to See - October 18, 2021