Learning how to start a morning meditation practice is learning how to start your day off right!
Set your day up for success by setting crystal clear intentions before your two feet touch the ground every morning.
Part of your morning routine and daily intentions should kickstart with meditation.
Shift the way you feel, focus your energy, and create the life you want daily.
How Do I Start Meditating in the Morning?
Starting a morning meditation practice isn’t as difficult as you may think.
I can’t tell you how many people overthink meditation.
Meditation isn’t a complicated process that only mystics and monks are granted access to.
This couldn’t be further from the truth.
“Morning meditation is for everyone and can be performed at any time, anywhere!”
This video we created for you guides you step-by-step on how to start a morning meditation practice.
Are you willing to commit to making meditation a part of your morning routine?
The 3 Biggest Barriers to Morning Meditation
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.
The key to spending your day the right way starts in the first seconds to 3 minutes upon awakening.
1. Not Enough Time
Meditation isn’t a timed event.
“Make meditation a habit first then extend the amount of time you put into it second.”
Make meditation a habit by habit stacking.
Find a morning habit you already have and attach your new habit to it.
Start with only 1 minute for the first 7 days, then add a minute each week until you feel comfortable.
2. It’s Too Hard
Brushing your teeth is harder than meditation and you can do that can’t you?
Overthinking meditation creates uneccessary procrastination.
Meditation can be as easy as closing your eyes and listening to the birds outside.
Watch the sunrise or enjoy a fluffy set of clouds passing by.
3. I Can’t Stop Thinking
While meditating you will often find yourself free of thought.
There are times while meditating when thoughts will enter your mind.
You can’t control thoughts coming into your mind but you can control what you do with them.
What you resist persists so don’t beat yourself up when a thought enters your mind
When thoughts enter your mind kindly escort them to the door and refocus.
What People Who Try Morning Meditation Say
Here are some quotes from people who experienced meditation for the first time:
- “I worry about the future a lot and this helps me bring myself back and be excited rather than scared. “ – Mackenzie.
- “Meditation has truly changed my mind, my energy, and my physical self.” – Nicole.
- “It helped me feel more connected with me and ready to face any of life’s challenges and my inner challenges for today.” – John.
- “Meditation starts my day perfectly and today made me cry as I felt the energy so strongly.” – Julie.
- “I can now start my day with ease and immense gratitude.” – Kayla
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
5 Ways to Start a Morning Meditation Practice
What are some ways to easily start a morning meditation practice?
Here are 5 ways to get started:
- Watch a candle flame.
- Listen to the birds outside.
- Experience a sunset.
- Watch clouds pass by.
- Go for a walk.
The key to getting started is to simply find something you can focus on.
Focus your energy and attention fully on the task at hand, free of thoughts and judgments.
Start tomorrow morning else tomorrow will never come.
Starting anything isn’t hard, it’s just unfamiliar.
Starting a morning meditation practice will clear your mind, increase your focus, and kickstart your day.
If you want help starting a new habit reach out to us about our group accountability and coaching app.
- Cord Cutting Candles Are The #1 Ritual for Letting Go of Emotions - October 20, 2021
- The 5 Powerful Rune Manifestation Symbols That Work Really Fast - October 18, 2021
- Triple Numbers Are An Amazing Spiritual Sign to See - October 18, 2021